July 1, 2015

I'm Thinking of Fall!

Etsy is celebrating "Christmas in July". It's the first day of July. Christmas is 6 months away. I'm sure you know that already, however, I have to keep saying it over and over again to myself as it's hard to believe we're half-way through 2015. When my kids were little I was always finished with my Holiday shopping by September. Even though my shop is participating in the celebration on Etsy, my mind cannot wrap around anything Christmas at this time.
I am thinking of Fall, however. Purchased these super cute patterns from Pattis Ratties.
You can find her shop HERE. I've set up my sewing machine and cutting out these patterns today.
I also picked up some extra fabric from a gal on my Overstock sales page on Facebook.
A whole box of fat quarters! Yes, I need another piece of fabric like I need another hole in the head but it's one of my obsessions and something that I'll always give into. Plus I'm making some 12" Rag Dolls with some 8-11 year olds this month and they'll need dresses. Well, yes, that's a little much for a few Rag Doll dresses but it will deplete my supply just a bit....even though someone already donated some pretty Calicos. A girl has to keep a close eye out for her supply stash!
I went to Target and in their $1 section I found these.

Chalk Board surfaces. I always like to have a 'little something' to put into a package whenever I've had a buyer purchase more than average. I just like to show my appreciation and I think it's good business. Hasn't hurt me in any way and I'm sure the customer appreciates the extra and unexpected. I know I do when I receive the same.
*************************************
Forgot to share Father's day. I think the kids may regret getting this. Their Dad loves to have his feet rubbed and he enjoyed this gift.
I'm sure I'll be the one handling this most times.
Also wanted to share Southern Living's recipe for their Key Lime Pound Cake. I made this for Father's Day and it was very well received!
YUM!!
You can find the recipe HERE.
If you want to visit shops that are celebrating 'Christmas in July' on Etsy then go to Etsy HERE or you can type in the search bar CIJ. Many of us have a coupon. Mine is CIJ15 for 15% off anything in my shop.
I'm still 'thinking' about painting the house. It'll happen one of these days!
Have a great day!
}}Hugs{{
Vicky
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: