August 23, 2016

Another School Year Started!

 School is back in for us. We're on our 2nd and 1/2 week and life is settling back in to our normal.
The kids just had their 11th Birthday and are now in middle school. They don't have to be there until 9:25 a.m.
Kind of nice to not have to beat the pots and pans so early in the morning any more.
(Me, Anna, & Tate)
They seem to be coming home not nearly as tired as they used to so, hopefully, this will be beneficial. I know it already is for me. I hate waking up early and having to be everyone's alarm clock.
***********
I'm in my FALL mode now. Still working on a few Teacher orders but also busy with some Black Cats and Witches.
I've already dyed and stained these. They are awaiting their embellishments and then I'll list them in my Etsy shop.
*********
We have a really nice Hospice Thrift Shop in The Villages. Every now and then when I remember to stop by, I find a little treasure or 2. This past week I was able to find this.
The wooden spools will make great bases for my meeces. The large board was a great find at only $3. Saw a few pieces of furniture that I might like (some storage cabinets). I'll go in on Friday and see if they are still there. If they are, they'll be calling my name!
*********
We had our last "Hoorah" at the lake on Saturday.
The Youth of our church came out to tube, play V-ball, and swim for the day. We had 81 kids from the ages of 14-18 and approx. 30 adults from 10:00-2:00! That's the biggest group that we've had out here. We got a Port-a-Potty to keep our sewage system from any overload problems which was our main concern. We had it cleaned out last year and added new pipes for the drain field so all is working well. Still, one worries especially when you've had problems in the past.
**********
Well, I have no excuse to not get out the mop so I'd better go and do that while Audrey is resting.
Fall will be here soon and I'm looking forward to being back in the 80's instead of the 90's.
My best to you as you get the kids (and grands) back in school!
}}Hugs{{
Vicky




2 comments:

Nancy Lou said...

Middle school??? How can it be?! You all look wonderful. My oldest grand starts school today, with the second going on Friday. Jennifer will drop them off at 5:30 a.m. a few days a week, on her way to work, and we make sure they're fed and dropped off.

I'm anxious to see your Halloween creations, of course. The pieces I have that you've made are the ones that I enjoy the most!

I am not on Facebook anymore; I deactivated my account. It was a time vacuum and I need to be more productive.

Stay well, my friend.

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Hard to believe that summer went so fast. My youngest child will be a sophomore this year. He just got his temps.
He goes back to school on Sept. 2nd
I guess Fall is around the corner whether we like it or not! I started on my Fall items also.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Sandi