May 12, 2013

Spring Doll Challenge

I entered Wendy's (Ravenwood Whimzies) Spring Doll Challenge. Wendy gave us a doll pattern that she'd made up and challenged us to do something with it. I actually have 2 but one of them is a bit nekkid so she'll have to wait until she's not so x-rated!
Anyway, thought I'd show you some pics of the one I finished since the Challenge is over with today.




I painted her green and then hand painted her face. Her legs are striped with purple and orange. I modified her shoes to look like a Witch's boot. Her hat is hand made from felt with pip berries glued to it. Her hair is dyed gray wool roving. I've used 3 different fabrics for her dress and orange with black polka dots fabric for her pantaloons. She has a ratty old piece of dyed cheesecloth tied around her neck with a rusty pin and jingle bell. Her broom is a cinnamon stick with raffia and sisal. I haven't made her a tag yet and still want to make her a kitty cat to finish the look. I'll probably list her on Etsy sometime in the fall.
THANK YOU, WENDY, for issuing the challenge to us. I'm still learning, however, your pattern was super easy to use!
Take a look over at Wendy's blog to see some of the other dolls the gals have made.
Hope your having a wonderful Mother's Day. Mine has been just about perfect!
}}Hugs{{
Vicky

11 comments:

cucki said...

Aww so sweet..I love her xx

BumbleBeeLane said...

Love seeing how each of the dolls are differnt. Amazing how differntly all the creative minds think. Yours turned out wonnderful. Warm Blessings!-Amy

Jessica said...

Wow Vicky, great job!!

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

She's sooo cute, Vicky!!!

Lois

Deb said...

Vicky, you are so inventive!!! Love her, she is wonderful and can't wait to see your other 'nekkid' doll ;O) Deb

Scarecrow Cabin said...

Love your Witch Vicky. I too entered Wendy's Spring Doll Challenge. Mine was a Patriotic Bunny.
~Kelly~

CRAFTY STITCHERS said...

Love the little shoes, you did a great job, I see lots of little witches in your future.

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Hi Vicky! Please send me the pictures and a little story so that I can make a post about yours too! PS...the challenge isn't over until the 15th.
She's adorable - well....for a witch at least! LOL

Danice G said...

So cute, Vicky. The Challenge sure was fun :)

Unknown said...

Super cute! Before you know it Fall will be on our doorsteps!

Unknown said...

Love her!!