June 16, 2015

In the Midst of June........

WOW! We're in the middle of June already!
 
 The old adage 'Time flies while you're having fun' does not apply here. I've actually been painting the interior of my home. So far, I've finished up the trim in our daughter's room. Yeah, I'm not really moving very fast.We're getting ready to lay down some new carpeting for her. I'm still trying to convince my husband that wood floors, as we have in most of our home, would be more appropriate for a 10 year olds room. Well, I'm still trying to convince him as he's set on carpet in the bedrooms.
We also have new countertops in the kitchen so the cabinets, which had already been painted on when we moved in, need to have a new coat of paint. Last but not least. I have to paint the walls in the living area. Sigh....The paint is purchased along with new curtains and some decorative pieces to hang up. I'm dragging my feet. Yes, I do all of the painting. I'm growing less fond of this type of painting, however.
The kids have been out of school for a few weeks and are having a great time.
 


 Lots of swim time and a day playing on the big slide plus playing with the neighbor twins on the days they come out to the lake. Ahhhhhh, to be young and carefree again!
I haven't been decorative painting or sewing at all. I've taken time to go through some closets and got rid of things I've no use for. Might need them tomorrow or next week as that's the way 'Murphy's Law' works but my closets are a bit lighter!
I wanted to remind you about my SUPPLY GIVEAWAY.
It's the post below this one or just click HERE. A winner will be announced on Monday. (USA participants only, please.)
Today is just another day for us. I guess I'll get started on those dreaded kitchen cabinets (said while whimpering, whining, and gnashing teeth!). I stopped believing in Fairies a long time ago.
Have a great day!
}}Hugs{{
Vicky
 

3 comments:

Barb said...

Vicky, You are my HERO!! Painting on the inside! I never do that I would rather be on the roof.
Good luck and can't wait to see photos!
Enjoy.....
Barb

Cindi said...

Kids look like they are having a blast! Don't blame you for not wanting to paint,,,hope it all goes ok!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

My house needs painting too!!! When do you start? I would rather be decorative painting then tearing the house apart just to paint walls!!!
I'm just get over some kind of virus. All I did Tue and Wed was sleep all day and all night and I didn't eat...wasn't hungry.
Today is the first I've eaten solid food and alot of things I think of turns my stomach!!!!

The kids look like they're having fun..yes to be young again!!!

Take care and get that painting done!!!

Lois