March 27, 2013

Swapping with the Team!

Our Old Farmhouse Gathering Team had a Supply Swap amongst our Team mates. I was able to Swap with a fellow Painter/wood hoarder, Barb of Barb's Heartstrokes. To say she was generous was a TOTAL understatement!! Here's what she sent me!
I'm STILL finding new items!!
Rusted Tin, ribbons, snowflakes, keys, bells, spools, fabrics.....
I've already cut out some bunnies with the floral material!
WHOA! An amazing amount of Jo Sonja's paints!
This lady sure does KNOW me well!
And she went the 'extra mile' by getting the kids a little something!
WOW!
THANK YOU, Barb!! I have MANY uses for all of these items and I appreciate you taking the time to think about me to the extent that you did!
It's been too cold to create much here in North Central Florida. I've been battling Sinus problems and can't seem to find any energy. I've been stuffing some bunnies and making a few skirts for my little girl. Also took some time to finish these today.
These were much easier than the ones I did last year. I used some orange, almost velour-type material instead of the muslin that I painted. The green tops are a green T-shirt cut in strips and tied in the middle. I then saturated them in Fabric stiffener then glued them to the top of the carrots. GOSH, they're just about perfect! That orange is going to make some great pumpkins, too!
Wishing you and yours warmer weather and the promise of a beautiful Easter!
}}Hugs{{
Vicky

9 comments:

cucki said...

So sweet x

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Your carrots turned out perfect Vicky! SCORE! Great swap items! ~*~Lisa

Danice G said...

What a wonderful assortment of items you received. Very generous. The carrots are also awesome. They actually look like real carrots :)

My Colonial Home said...

Morning Vicky,
What a great supply stash barb sent you...wow, I see some rusty thing in there that I would loved to have received. And to be so sweet to think of the wee ones...nice!
Adorable carrots.
HAPPY EASTER
Karen

Unknown said...

Wow, you got a lot of great goodies!! I hope you are feeling much better soon and I LOVE your carrots!!
Kim

Colleen said...

Oh my goodness you hit the jackpot!! Get busy painting and have fun! :)

Unknown said...

What great swap goodies you got there! Love the carrots!
~Lori

Barb said...

So glad you like and have a use for some of it, Vicky!
Love your other swap goodies too!!
Enjoy,
Barb

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love those carrots...and you didn't even paint them! lol They look real! Love your goodies, too! It's warming up this weekend! YAY! Hope we both get our energy back! Sweet hugs!