June 16, 2012

K.I.S.S.

These initials can have various meanings for a few different phrases but for me, it stands for this:
Keep It Simple Summer.
That's my motto right now.  Not stressing over having parties. Not stressing over cutting out tons of wood and keeping my Inventory up. Just doing what I want and entertaining the kids every once in a while. Yep, my kinda Summer! 
We've been doing lots of yard work. Trying to help my hubby out since he can't come home but every 2 weeks. He's got so much on his plate right now and the last thing he needs to worry about is a yard when we're able-bodied and can handle it!
So, my crafting has taken a back seat for now. I did get a big order yesterday but I have 2 weeks to complete it and get it shipped!
I did get these done.
Super fast and fun to make from Old Annie Primitives. Hers are done up more Primitive than mine but by now you should understand my aesthetic!
Also working on more of the orange, black, and witchy green.....
Yes, I paint mine with a darker brown base and then apply black on top. After they've dried, I sand them. The one standing up has the painting steps finished. It's now time for embellishing! I'll make these Prim while my Wooden Boots will be all about Neon Halloween Colors, hehehehehehehehehe (evil witch cackle!)!
Guess I'll go and get in the pool again with the kids. Beautiful day with lots of sunshine so why should I waste it?! What? You want a picture of me? In my Swimsuit? You don't say!! Well, if it's a picture you want then here.....
.....and THAT'S as good as it gets!
}}Hugs{{
Vicky

6 comments:

Linda Welcome said...

Oh My Word...you even have TIME to paint your toenails...What am I doing wrong? Those children look mighty happy and ya know that's what it's all about.
You have PLENTY of inventory in that shop of yours..time to just enjoy life a bit...just sayin'.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Woooo....you look cute in that swim suit! And cool, too! I need to figure out how to have a more carefree summer. I spent the day decluttering so maybe that will help! Have a fun weekend! Cute crafts are pretty red toe nails!

The Rusty Thimble said...

Oh I wish I was in that pool with the twins LOL
Beautiful Pool!! Cute toes! LOL

I still have not got to go swimming yet???

Brenda

Cindi said...

Love that you are having a KISS summer! You deserve it!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Anonymous said...

Pool looks fab!! I'm right there with ya! Hubby is traveling like crazy and my daughter and I are managing the homefront with love and carefree bliss! My daughter will be a senior in the fall- the kids grow up too fast! So take this time to play and splash- it's good for the creative soul :)

Hugs!

jacquie

Barb said...

Hi Vicky,
Love your idea for a KISS summer!
Also love your new creations.
RELAX!!
Enjoy,
Barb