April 23, 2012

WIPs!

It is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS this morning!! We had RAIN over the weekend and my grass just lapped it up like a thirsty dog!  It's presently 61 degrees here and the wind is blowing like crazy giving us white caps on the water. I LOVE it when it's like this 'cause it makes me think of the ocean!
I've stayed true to my promise of taking things easy! I'm proud of myself if one can be so! I'm in the process of making 'Teacher Appreciation' gifts. If you have an Etsy shop and don't have anything for a teacher, you may want to think about adding a little something 'apple related'. I've got 2 orders I'm getting ready this morning for TA and my shop Stats are showing hits on the few items I've got posted. I used to have alot more but I let them run out. I had some time on Saturday to cut more of these items out and now I'm painting up just a few items to restock and also to give to my kid's teachers.
These will have bright green and red polka dot bows where the stem ends. I'm including a tag for one of my orders with the teacher's name on them. 
CUTE!










These are various apple shapes cut out for name blocks, apple garlands, and desk top decor. You know, just ONE more thing to have to dust!!
Yep, that's some melon slices, too!








I did get my Bird House Garland finished and listed on Etsy. You can check out my shop HERE if you'd like to stop by and favorite it. I had a few good hours in this one and I LOVE how it turned out!
Only one Mother's Day gift to add. 

This Mama will have a calico apron added to her front for her little calves to hang out in. She'll be doweled and glued onto that wooden heart which will have 'COWNT your Blessings' painted on it. 
Speaking of Mother's Day, don't forget my current Giveaway, HERE. I've decided to move up the date so the winner can receive the gift before/by Mother's Day. My drawing will now be on Wednesday, MAY 9th so make note of that.
Hope life is treating you well! 
Stay Tuned!
}}HUGS{{
Vicky

6 comments:

Barb said...

Good idea on the teacher gifts! I guess I need to think of that here to give. Too cute as usual Vicky!!
Love your outside view....that is not the ocean? Coming from the desert one could think you live on the ocean!
Enjoy your day,
Barb

Cindi said...

I love seeing your cute creations! I really like the birdhouse garland.
Your view is gorgeous! Have a great day!
Be blessed
Cindi

The Barn Hollow said...

I need to come visit you at your house, we can sit on the dock and drink margaritas and laugh like little kids!! LOL
Happy painting!!
Warm Wishes,
Kim

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The bird house garland is adorable! And I love the teacher gifts! Enjoy your week! We're freezing here...are you happy? heehee! I probably won't warm up until we get back to FL!

Unknown said...

Such sweet teacher gifts! I completely forgot about end of school shoppers! LOVE the bird house garland too!

Hugs!

Jacquie

Firecracker Kid said...

Wow, that's a beautiful view! I hope you're making those wood crafts very easy going now :)
Hugs~Carol