June 13, 2009

Something For Primary...








What is it you ask? It's a singing meter! I'm the Primary Chorister for our Ward and it's up to me to have the kids ready for the Sacrament Presentation in the Fall. I saw this pattern in a book. It was printable on paper but I wanted something to last so I made my own pattern pieces and cut it out of some plywood. I have 8 seperate stars with the names of each song they are learning. I have also adhered transparent velcro to the backboard. The stars will move up the meter amongst the '3 degrees of glory' as the children sing, hopefully getting better each time. Of course, their goal is to reach the sun where they will be considered "Celestial Singers". Lets hope it motivates them to learn them all!







2 comments:

Chad and Elizabeth said...

So cute but when the heck do you have time to do stuff like this with all your munchkins? You are AMAZING!

Joan said...

awesome idea!